The power of photos is that they tell stories. They share what is happening at a given point in time. Adding captions and descriptions to photo uploads makes those stories even richer. This is especially true as a school’s photo collection grows through the years. Looking back two, three, even 20 years, and being able to not only view the photos but read about what was happening brings it alive.
Vidigami makes it easy to add descriptions to any photos that are uploaded. Anybody who is permitted to contribute media can add a description to their upload. Descriptions can also be added after media has been uploaded.
Here are some examples of descriptions you might add to photos:
- Mrs. Jones’ 6th graders are having a quiet time journaling at Yosemite about their hike on Mirror Lake Loop. This includes what is happening, where it is happening, and who is participating.
- Mr. Smith’s 1st graders are working together using math cubes to demonstrate place value. This includes who as well as what learning is happening.
- High School students showing off their school pride during Spirit Week. This says who and what.
- The final championship JV Boys Basketball game – YEAH we Won! This description just refuels the excitement of the win.
- All our preschoolers got together to sing Happy Birthday to Mrs. Yong. This is a great description to add to a video upload.
- Our graduates from 1953. Adding a date is helpful when creating archives.
It is quick and easy to add a caption or short description right during media upload in Vidigami. These descriptions add depth and meaning to the photos, especially through the years.